Friday 4 February 2011

Ernesto Neto



Ernesto Neto's use of muted, natural colours is very interesting as the neutral, pastel colours go with the artwork as bold colours would have looked too solid. His work reminds me of  playgrounds or somewhere from a dream or a fantasy film.
This piece by Neto reminds me of plants or mushrooms, but without colour. This looks like a room that is really comfortable , with squishy sitting bags,a perfect place to sit and read.

I find this piece very intriguing, it looks like there are people standing, crowding the place all around. The curvy shapes and the pale yellow create an elegance. It also creates a maze like route to follow, but with tall towering walls that would lean or tower above the person. I think it would be like standing inside a flower.
This piece reminds me of what inside the body and heart would look like, with wallls stretched out. The coral colour also goes perfectly with the idea the heart and body.
Ernesto Neto creates a completely different world with softness and a feeling of happiness.
This piece reminds me of a maze. When we're young we visit fairgrounds with mazes where we can climb a wall of ropes or through walls to find our way out. This piece gives me the same impression. The ideas and objects that I link with Ernesto Neto's work are clowns, sweets, balloons, candy floss, marshmellows and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment